Satellite Broadband for
Remote Rural Areas.
We specialise in providing internet access anywhere you want it.
Satellite Broadband Plans
Satellite broadband provides internet via satellite. This is delivered to a dish at your house and is available in even the most remote locations.
We have 16+ years in delivering Satellite Broadband to all corners of the country, from Bluff to Cape Reinga, and as far as the Chatham Islands and Raoul Island. Whether your address requires travel down a long dirt road, plane or via boat, we’re experts in reaching the hard to reach, and will get you connected.
Who satellite is suited for?
Satellite broadband is perfect for those who are out of reach of cell signal, VDSL or Fibre networks, and for businesses that require reliability and high uptime.
Who satellite is not suitable for?
It is not suitable for gamers that rely on low ping/latency gameplay. This is due to the signal having to travel to space and back.
Are you a business?
We can offer business and enterprise plans up to 100/20 Mbps, dedicated bandwidth, enhanced QoS, satellite broadband fail-over for fibre, wireless or copper broadband outages, and more. Contact us below for a quote.
How fast is the residential Kacific Satellite service?
Max speeds are up to 40 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload. This satellite service has 3 priority groups.
Priority 1: data usage up to 200GB per month.
Priority 2: data usage from 200GB to 280GB per month.
Priority 3: data usage above 280GB per month.
Putting the above into a driving metaphor: Priority 1 customers drive in the fast lane without interruption for the first 200GB, then between 200GB to 280GB they can still stay in the fast lane if there is no heavy traffic on the network. However, if everyone started riding in the fast lane at the same time, customers sitting in the Priority 2 and 3 on data usage might experience being stuck in traffic and have to drop to a slightly slower speed.
Neither Kacific nor Wireless Nation can give any guarantees what exact speed you will get on this plan as it depends on how busy the satellite is and atmospheric conditions. You will see download speed anywhere from 200Kbps to 40Mbps – depending on the factors outlined above.
In extreme weather conditions, the signal to the satellite might be lost temporarily. While this is a very good service, we outline the worst-case scenario here to be open and honest and set the correct expectation.
What Our Customers Think
Product Terms & Setup
Contract Term Options
- Open term — Buy the equipment and you can give us 30 days’ notice anytime.
- Installing a two-way communication satellite internet solution is a specialised task and needs to be done by a trained professional for high precision alignment and modem configuration. We have a nationwide network of contractors and can arrange for one of them to come and complete the work for you. Total installation and setup is $799 plus travel mileage of $1.50 per km.
- (Open term only) High-quality Satellite equipment for your premises (mount, satellite dish, LNB, BUC, satellite modem) for $2,000NB: let us know if you own existing satellite equipment at your premises.
- Optional high spec Router for Wi-Fi – $249
Top-up Data Packs (for Ku Band Optus Satellite plans with Data Caps)
If you run out of data, your account will auto top up with a 1GB data pack, up to 4 times. After this, your connection will stop, and you will need to manually purchase one of the data packs below to get back up and running.
- 1GB – $30 per month
- 2GB – $40 per month
- 5GB – $80 per month
- 10GB – $150 per month
- 20GB – $240 per month
- More available if required
We do this so you don’t incur large over usage bills.
It’s easy to change the frequency of auto top ups within your MyHub account. Here’s a couple scenarios on how you can control your auto top ups:
- You can set your connection to stop as soon as you have run out of data, and manually add a top up from within your MyHub account.
- You can set various data pack sizes to auto top up e.g. 5GB data pack to auto top up to 5 times, or 1GB up to 2 times.
You’ve got the control.
Our top-up data packs are flexible and are are valid for the month they are bought in, so only purchase as much as you need for the remainder of the month.
Early exit fees for customers on a contract
The early exit fee is 1/24 of $983.25 for every remaining month on a 24 month contract, plus the value of any promotion (if offered) during signup.
E.g. if you cancelled with 5 months remaining on your contract, the early exit fee will be $204.84 (this is 5/24 of $983.25) + the value of any promotion (if offered) during signup.
*30 days notice must be given on a 24 month term.
- Factors such as network congestion at peak hours and downloads in progress may affect the actual speed
- Internet speed can be affected by devices on your home network or by interference on your local WI-FI
- This is a best efforts residential service and is not to be used for business or re-sale
- Kacific Satellite is not available on the Chatham Islands.