All phone calls to and from Our office phone system are recorded for quality assurance and training purposes. CCTV cameras are in operation in Our office and Our storage facility for security purposes.
What communications do You agree to receive?
You agree to receive communication from Us relating to products, technical and account updates via email, SMS messaging and other forms of communication mediums which may be provided by third parties.
What personal information do We collect?
The personal information We will collect from You will generally include:
• Your name and date of birth;
• Your Primary Email Address and other email addresses;
• Your physical and postal address
• contact numbers;
• any other information provided by You or specifically related to Your communications with Us or Your use of Our Services, including information relating to the performance of Our Services; and
• if You ordered a location tracking service such FoxTracker from Us We keep the location history for this device for Your use.
• Online/digital information through Google Analytics (pages viewed, buttons clicked, blogs read, contact form submissions etc.).
• Offline interactions with Us (meeting notes, call recordings).
• If You choose not to enter personal information, We may be unable to:
o Respond to Your queries regarding Our services.
o Customise Our website to suit Your browser or device.
o Tailor Our marketing to suit Your preferences
We do not collect or retain personal information that We do not need.
How do We collect this information?
Personal information is collected via verbal or written communication or on Our website through four methods:
• Filling in a contact form.
• Emailing Us from email addresses found on Our website.
• Calling Us from numbers found on Our website. Your call is also being recorded for quality assurance and training purposes.
• From cookies; more information about using cookies can be found further down.
• In order for Plume to function, when you sign up for Plume with Wireless Nation, you also agree to certain data being collected by Plume Design, Inc. For more information and T&Cs, click here.
Why do We collect this information?
We collect Your personal information:
• To ensure that content from Our site is presented in the most effective manner for You and for Your computer or device.
• To provide You with information about outages, updates or products and services that You request from Us.
• To carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between You and Us (like delivering services, items and processing payments).
• To notify You about changes to Our service.
• To carry out advertising and marketing campaigns, offline or online.
How do We use Your personal information?
We need to collect personal information so that We can provide Our Services and conduct Our business.
We will never sell, rent or trade Your personal information to third parties. We reserve the right to use, sell, provide and report business intelligence that does not identify individual customers.
We will not disclose Your personal information to third parties except:
• to any person engaged by Us to provide products or services on Our behalf, where Your personal information is necessary for the provision of those Services. We do not share information collected for the purpose of network or computer performance monitoring or for providing customized technical support outside of Our authorised vendors, contractors and agents;
• to debt collection agencies or credit rating agencies in case You are in breach of this agreement;
• as required by any applicable laws or regulations, or in the course of legal proceedings or other investigations. Such disclosure may include, but is not limited to, monitoring of Our network consistent with applicable law. In addition, We are required by law to report any facts or circumstances reported to Us or that We discover from which it appears there may be a violation of the child pornography laws. We reserve the right to report any such information, including the identity of users, account information, images and other facts to law enforcement personnel.; or
• to any other person You authorise Us to disclose Your personal information to.
If You would like to opt out of receiving future communications from Us (following the expiry of this Agreement) You can do so by contacting our team at the contact details on our website.
What online/digital information do We collect through Our marketing tools?
Some of Our online marketing tools use a combination of cookies to track what You do on Our website and other online interactions. These include:
• Google Analytics and Google Adwords Remarketing. Allows Us to build an anonymous list of visitors who have been to Our website before. As a result, We can serve You Our ads on other websites You are looking at.
• Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. Tells Us the age, gender, potential interests, and what Our visitors have been looking for online.
This above information is still anonymous. We won’t know Your name or address. But We can see a virtual “You”.
Why do We collect this online/digital information through these tools?
Google Analytics is used to analyse visitor behaviour on a website. This is done so We can gauge on what changes We need to make on Our website to better suit Our visitors. For example, if people are not filling in Our contact form or dropping off at a certain step We can identify the area and change it for a better user experience and to get better results.
The other major reason for collecting this data is for marketing and advertising purposes. We might show You ads, via the Google Adwords, Instagram & Facebook platforms, and email marketing from MailChimp and TouchpointMX.
How do We control this online/digital information that We have been given?
We want to make it clear that You don’t have to give Us this information. There are several ways to control the cookies on Your website browser:
• You can choose not to accept cookies, but please be aware that services You request may not be available because of this. If You delete Your cookies or clear Your cache, You may be asked to give Your consent again. This is because a cookie is usually used to remember the choice You made the first time.
• If You wish to prevent cookies being set before You visit this website (or most other websites) You can set Your browser to block cookies. Most browsers allow You to do this in their settings.
If You would like to know more about cookies, please visit the ICO website.
Security and accuracy
We take reasonable steps to ensure personal information is:
• protected against loss, damage, misuse and unauthorised access. We restrict access to personal information to those individuals who need access to this information in order to assist Us in performing Our duties and obligations in connection with this Agreement; and
• accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
Access to personal information
You may request:
• confirmation of whether or not We hold any personal information about You; and
• access to any personal information that We hold.
To do so please contact our team at the contact details on our website.
Accuracy of information
You have the right to ask Us to correct Your personal information when it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. To do so please contact our team at the contact details on our website so that We can update Our records.
Privacy Officer – Contact Us
If You would like to contact Us about any matter relating to privacy, Our details are:
Attn: Wireless Nation Privacy Officer
p: (09) 280 3672
We reserve the right to provide account and user information, including email, to third parties as required or permitted by law (such as in response to a subpoena or court order), and to cooperate with law enforcement authorities in the investigation of any criminal or civil matter.