Mobile Phone Plans
Available now to new and existing Wireless Nation customers!
Mobile Phone Plans
- Simple billing with one provider for your broadband and mobile plans
- Keep your existing mobile number (no porting fees!)
- Simple sim card switch
- Great local Kiwi customer service
Do I need to have WN Broadband?
No, you don’t need to have a Wireless Nation Broadband connection to signup for our mobile plans. New customers can create an account, and existing customers can add a mobile phone plan to their existing account via signing up for one of the plans above.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I keep my existing mobile number?
Yes, you can keep your existing mobile number for free! During signup, you will be asked to provide some information regarding your current mobile plan such as existing number, existing provider, existing provider account number etc. so please have this information ready to go.
If you want to keep your existing number, please don’t disconnect with your old provider until we have successfully ported your number over, otherwise you may lose your number.
If you want a brand new mobile number, we can provide you a randomly chosen mobile number.
Do you do prepay?
All our mobile plans are on a monthly account. Base plan charges are due at the beginning of the month, usage charges are billed in arrears This makes for simple billing if you have a broadband connection with us too.
What mobile phone network do use?
We utilise the Spark network to provide our mobile phone services to you.
Other calling/sms charges and full rate card
You can view our full mobile rate card here for charges that may apply for calling special numbers, send SMS to special SMS services, calling numbers overseas or satellite phones.
How do I check my voicemail?
The number to check or setup your voicemail is 083210 or if calling from overseas +6483203000 (standard roaming call charges apply)
What happens when I run out of data or included minutes?
If you run out of data, a 1 GB data pack will be added automatically, and the price is $14.95. This happens each time you run out of data during the month.
If you run out of your included minutes on the 2GB + 400 minutes plan, you will be charged at 73c per minute for the remainder of the month.
You can request plan changes for a future month via creating a ticket within your MyHub account.
How do I check my usage?
To check usage, head over to your MyHub account.
Click on ‘Usage’ and then ‘Voice’. If you have several voice services, you will first see a combination of usage of all voice services. You can select from a drop down to see a specific mobile phone service’s usage.
We send you usage notifications at 80% and 100%. Please note, it may take up to an hour to show recent usage in your MyHub account.
Can I use my mobile service overseas (Roaming)?
Roaming is turned off by default to protect you from huge unexpected bills. It is always cheaper to get a local sim card when visiting different countries.
If you would like roaming enabled then please call us so we can offer roaming packs & switch on roaming for your connection. Roaming charges and roaming packs are listed in our mobile rate card.
Usage records can take up to 90 minutes or longer for special numbers/texts, or when roaming to show in MyHub.
- Old-fashioned text message is a best efforts service and a text message might not be delivered if the recipient’s phone is out of service at the time delivery is attempted, if the message contains emojis or if the message goes to international numbers via different carriers. We recommend to use a modern service such as WhatsApp.
- You’ll need to setup a direct debit with Wireless Nation; your monthly subscription will auto-renew and be debited from your debit/credit card, or NZ bank account automatically. This is the simple, safe and convenient way to manage your payment.
- Standard Wireless Nation terms and conditions and mobile terms apply.