How to reset my Wireless Nation modem
It is a normal troubleshooting process for us to request end-users to reset their modems to release information cached by the modem that could cause issues. In addition, a hard reset can help refresh the modem’s settings and establish a new connection with the cell network.
Important Note: Performing a hard reset will erase any custom settings you may have configured on the modem. This includes WiFi network names and passwords, port forwarding settings, and any other custom configurations.
Please do not perform a hard reset if you have one of the following Wireless Nation modems: Huawei HG635, Huawei HG659, Innbox V51
Before you perform a hard reset, please try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Turn your modem off, wait a few minutes, and turn it on again.
- Check if another device has WiFi to identify if it is a device issue. For example, if your tablet does not have internet, but your laptop does, then your internet is working. Restart the device that is not working, check its WiFi setting, or user manual, or refer to the device manufacturer.
- Check our Network Status page for any outages.
How to do a hard reset?
Performing a hard reset on Wireless modems
If you are facing connection issues, you can try a reset of your modem if you have a Huawei B315, B525, B618, B818, or TP-Link deco X58 modem
- There is a “Reset” (labelled) pinhole located on the bottom or back of your modem.
- Please insert a Pin, such as a paperclip or a needle while the modem is powered up, press and hold it gently until the light on the modem changes to red, or hold it for 20 seconds.
- Let it then sit for approximately 30 seconds to reset and come back online.
Doing a hard reset on Fibre/Satellite modems
Please perform the reset steps below if you have either a Huawei DG8245V or Huawei DN8245V modem
- Unplug the cable that goes into the WAN port of the modem
- Find the reset hole. A “Reset” (labelled) pinhole is located on the back of the modem.
- Please insert a Pin, such as a paperclip or needle while the modem is powered up, press and hold it gently for 30 seconds.
- Wait for 1 minute then reboot the modem before plugging the cable back into the WAN port of the modem.
- Let it sit for a few minutes to rewrite online.
If the problem persists, contact our friendly technical support on 09 280 3672. And we would be happy to assist you.