I’m having issues with my data usage
If you see any unexpected (higher than normal) data usage, it is usually triggered by one of the connected devices in your home or business. While we recommend to seek assistance from a local computer specialist to isolate which of your devices is playing up, here are a couple of common things that could trigger it:
- a member of your household, family or business may be using data-hungry applications like streaming video and movies without your knowledge,
- a connected laptop, computer, phone or other device might be:
- downloading updates, etc.
- uploading backups, synchronising photos/videos/data to the internet,
- infected with a virus and using your connection to spread itself – it’s always a good idea to have an anti-virus program installed.